Home of the
Golden Knights and Lady K's
Pursuing excellence through challenging goals,
empowering attitudes, and worthwhile work.
Thursday, November 21, 2014
LUNCH: ham and cheese sandwich, potato wedges, relish tray, peaches and you choice of milk.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom."
-George Washington Carver
Protect yourself and your family
getting your flu vaccine
Get all the information about school on your smartphone.
Go to Mytimeschools.com and download the app. Search for Beauregard or Knights and get all the latest info.
Support South Beauregard High School with a 2015 Yearbook Ad!
The students of South Beauregard High School, are in the process of creating our yearbook for the 2014-2015 school year and we are asking for the support of your business. Please click on the link
SBHS Yearbook to read more about it.
2015 STUDENT OF THE YEAR APPLICATION & Leadership roles document MAKE SURE YOU USE THE 1ST LINK PROVIDED FOR THE STUDENT OF THE YEAR APPLICATION AND USE THE 2ND LINK PROVIDED FOR THE LEADERSHIP ROLES.
In an effort to improve system practices, South Beauregard High is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please click: PARENT SURVEY
MY SCHOOL BUCKS- The simple way to pay for school meals. It allows you to view account balances and meal purchases, schedule automatic payments, and make payments anytime, anywhere from the mobile app. Step 1 - visit the website myschoolbucks.com, Step 2 Create your account. Your child's ID number can be found at the Parent Command Center. Step 3 Pay with your credit/debit card or electronic check. Step 4 Download the free app from their website to pay from your phone.
Jr. Beta members are collecting canned goods and other non-perishable food items for Thanksgiving Baskets. There will be collection boxes in Mrs. Reeves room.
Friday will be a Jeans Day for $1
Attention Jr. Beta Members: Deadline for November Jr. Beta dues is Friday, Nov. 21
Interact is going to be collecting clothes for the Medow Village Fire Department and students can bring some to Mr. Semple.
Thursday during JH lunch there will be a baseball meeting in Coach DeVille's room for 8th grade baseball players who made the team in the spring only.
Fall and Senior portrait retakes will be on Thursday November 20th.
The results of the South West Louisiana drill meet from Saturday 15 November are: Unarmed inspection team by Deven Bailey was 4th place, armed color guard led by Karibeth Flyod 2nd place, physical fitness led Daniel Brown 3rd place, Armed exhibition led Heather Hallmark and James Perry 3rd place and obstacle course Team led by Allison Flick 2nd place. Great job team look for us in February at the Vernon Classic Drill Meet
All members of the Friends of Rachel club who attended the field trip in October have a meeting in Mrs. Fontenot's room today, during RTI
SADD members need to see Mrs. Russell this week regarding t-shirt sizes. There will be SADD Officers meeting during lunch on Thursday. Please bring your lunch. All SADD members will meet Mrs. Russell's room during RTI on Friday
Any Jr. Beta member who has not received a permission slip from Mrs. Reeves for the Christmas field trip needs to see her as soon as possible to pick one up. Deadline for the signed permission slip is Friday.
Students: You must go to Mrs. Chaumont's room to sign out a temporary ID. You can not get an ID from the office until after first hour
JH Student Council: If you are going on the Christmas field trip, Please turn in your permission slip to Mrs. Manuel by tomorrow
Senior Student of the Year Participants:
All permission slips have been accepted, and your completed application is due on December 1st, when we return from Thanksgiving break. If you have not picked up your remaining application, please come by Mrs. Greene’s office before Friday at 3:00PM. The essays will be written at 8:45AM, Thursday, December 4th, and the interviews will take place on Monday, December 8th beginning at 8:00AM. Students will be called out of class prior to their interview time.
The Football team will host their first ever second round playoff game against Rayville.
LETS GO KNIGHTS! Give us another win!
Come out and support the knights!
GOOD LUCK KNIGHTS!!
- Cowboy Q & A at McNeese State University: Pre-register at becomeacowboy.com. November 22, 2014.
- AXA Achievement Scholarship: Students that are active in the community, had led a project that benefits other, or have overcome personal challenges should apply. Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014
- AXA Achievement Community Scholarship: Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014. This is a separate schoarship from the AXA Achievement.
- Afl-CLO Scholarship: Must be a senior whose parent/step parent is a member of an affiliated local union in good standing with the Louisiana AFL-CLO. An essay is required for consideration. The Topic of the essay is "How Unions Built the Middle Class." Deadline: January 9,2015.
- Farm Bureau Scholarship: Must be majoring in agriculture, vocational agriculture, agribusiness, home economics, or other curriculum directly benefiting agriculture. Application for both the parish and state level. Deadline: February 27, 2015
- American Fire Sprinkler Association scholarship: Students are required to write an essay about automatic fire sprinklers, then take a ten-question multiple-choice test in which each question answered correctly earns the students one entry into a drawing for one of ten $2000 scholarships. Apply at www.afsascholarship.org/hsinformation.html Deadline: April 2015
- Al's Formal Wear Scholarship: Two $1000 awarded each year. Apply online at www.alsformalwear.com/Schoolapp
- 2015 Rural Electric Youth Tour contest, win a free trip to Washington, DC. Open to 10th, 11th & 12th Graders. Must write an essay, "What is the Biggest Issue Facing your Generation and How can we solve that issue? Approximately 300-400 Words. See your English Teacher or Mrs. Greene for details. Due: February 6, 2015
- Sara's Hope for a Cure Scholarship: Must be a senior that has had cancer, be in remission, or have a parent or sibling with cancer/remission.
- LSU Spring Invitational: Seniors planning to attend LSU; must have an Act of 27 or higher to attend. See Mrs. Greene.