Home of the
Golden Knights and Lady K's
Pursuing excellence through challenging goals,
empowering attitudes, and worthwhile work.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
LUNCH: Baked Turkey & Gravy, WW Roll, Cornbread Dressing, Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Peas, Fruit Salad and your choice of Milk.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom."
-George Washington Carver
Protect yourself and your family
getting your flu vaccine
Get all the information about school on your smartphone.
Go to Mytimeschools.com and download the app. Search for Beauregard or Knights and get all the latest info.
Support South Beauregard High School with a 2015 Yearbook Ad!
The students of South Beauregard High School, are in the process of creating our yearbook for the 2014-2015 school year and we are asking for the support of your business. Please click on the link
SBHS Yearbook to read more about it.
In an effort to improve system practices, South Beauregard High is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please click: PARENT SURVEY
MY SCHOOL BUCKS- The simple way to pay for school meals. It allows you to view account balances and meal purchases, schedule automatic payments, and make payments anytime, anywhere from the mobile app. Step 1 - visit the website myschoolbucks.com, Step 2 Create your account. Your child's ID number can be found at the Parent Command Center. Step 3 Pay with your credit/debit card or electronic check. Step 4 Download the free app from their website to pay from your phone.
The Angel Tree is up and running if you would like to adopt an angel you may do so for $20. All Proceeds go to buy Christmas gifts for the residents of Westwood Manor Nursing Home. If you would like to take part in the community service project please come by Ms. Hockensmith's room to adopt your angel.
Students if you need an attendance letter for the DMV to get your permit or Drivers license over the Christmas break you need to see Mrs. Brady in the HS officer BEFORE Thursday Dec 19th
Jr. Beta members your Dec. Final payment of Jr. Beta dues must be turned into Mrs. Reeves before 3 p.m. TODAY. If you did not turn i your November payments both November and December must be paid. If you have any questions about payments you need to see Mrs. Reeves ASAP.
Jr. Beta members your signed permission slips for the district convention are due to Mrs. Reeves by 3 p.m. on Wednesday. Only students who turn in permission slips on time will be allowed to go.
LETS GO KNIGHTS!
- AXA Achievement Scholarship: Students that are active in the community, had led a project that benefits other, or have overcome personal challenges should apply. Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014
- AXA Achievement Community Scholarship: Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014. This is a separate schoarship from the AXA Achievement.
- Afl-CLO Scholarship: Must be a senior whose parent/step parent is a member of an affiliated local union in good standing with the Louisiana AFL-CLO. An essay is required for consideration. The Topic of the essay is "How Unions Built the Middle Class." Deadline: January 9,2015.
- Farm Bureau Scholarship: Must be majoring in agriculture, vocational agriculture, agribusiness, home economics, or other curriculum directly benefiting agriculture. Application for both the parish and state level. Deadline: February 27, 2015
- American Fire Sprinkler Association scholarship: Students are required to write an essay about automatic fire sprinklers, then take a ten-question multiple-choice test in which each question answered correctly earns the students one entry into a drawing for one of ten $2000 scholarships. Apply at www.afsascholarship.org/hsinformation.html Deadline: April 2015
- Al's Formal Wear Scholarship: Two $1000 awarded each year. Apply online at www.alsformalwear.com/Schoolapp
- 2015 Rural Electric Youth Tour contest, win a free trip to Washington, DC. Open to 10th, 11th & 12th Graders. Must write an essay, "What is the Biggest Issue Facing your Generation and How can we solve that issue? Approximately 300-400 Words. See your English Teacher or Mrs. Greene for details. Due: February 6, 2015
- Sara's Hope for a Cure Scholarship: Must be a senior that has had cancer, be in remission, or have a parent or sibling with cancer/remission.
- LSU Spring Invitational: Seniors planning to attend LSU; must have an Act of 27 or higher to attend. See Mrs. Greene.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Scholarship: $1000, a SBHS student will be awarded this scholarship. Must have a 3.0 grade point average. Deadline to Apply: February 15, 2015 Apply at: http://sms.scholarshipamerica.org/boardwalkpipelinepartners/application.pdf