Home of the
Golden Knights and Lady K's
Pursuing excellence through challenging goals,
empowering attitudes, and worthwhile work.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
LUNCH: Chicken Nuggets, Macaroni & Cheese, Glaze Carrots, Season Corn, Mixed Fruit
BREAKFAST: Thursday - Cereal, WW Toast, Juice & Milk
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom."
-George Washington Carver
In an effort to improve system practices, South Beauregard High is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please click: PARENT SURVEY
Basketball Hall of Fame Schedule
Nov. 1, 2014 Burton Coliseum
MY SCHOOL BUCKS- The simple way to pay for school meals. It allows you to view account balances and meal purchases, schedule automatic payments, and make payments anytime, anywhere from the mobile app. Step 1 - visit the website myschoolbucks.com, Step 2 Create your account. Your child's ID number can be found at the Parent Command Center. Step 3 Pay with your credit/debit card or electronic check. Step 4 Download the free app from their website to pay from your phone.
Meat orders and money need to b turned into Mr. Cooley TODAY!
JH dance this Saturday, October 25 in the cafeteria From 7:00 - 10:00. Admission $5.00 at the door
SADD will meet in Mrs. Russell's room during RTI this Friday, October 24th. We wil be discussing Red Ribbon Week, so please make an effort to attend.
SADD will sponsor a Jeans Day on Friday, October 24th. We will be discussing for out annual Thanksgiving baskets for needy families in our community
4-H Club Members Dues and enrollment cards are due by November 1st!
Softball Players are selling Red Beans and rice dinners for Friday night for $6.00 and you can pick them up starting at 5:00
District Sr. Beta convention is Monday, November 3rd. Sign Up for District Sr. Beta convention and contests outside Ms. Shirley's door. Deadline to sign up is Thursday at 8 am
Yearbook Signing Party will be Friday, October 31st. JH from 8:00 - 8:35 am HS from 8:00 - 10:00 am. Purchase a ticket from your English Teacher for $1.
Drinks will be sold during the party.
Monday: Team up against drugs (Jersey/team shirt day)
Tuesday: Join the war against Drugs (Camo shirt day)
Wednesday: Paint SBHS Red Day (Red shirt day)
Thursday: Color War Day ( Each class wear the following color shirt: 12th gold/yellow 11th purple, 10th green, Freshman Blue, 8th orange, 7th pink or gray
Friday: Knights tackle Drugs (SBHS Spirit Day! Wear your purple and gold and enjoy a free jeans day!)
High School FCCLA meeting this Friday during RTI.
JH Basketball will play Tomorrow against Pickering at home
Friday the Football team will host St. Louis.
Come out and support the knights
Saturday JH Basketball
GOOD LUCK KNIGHTS!!
University of Louisiana of Lafayette Preview day. October 18, 2014 & November 8, 2014.
- Coca-Cola Scholarship: Students with a 3.0 GPA who are planning attending college. Apply at www.coca-colascholars.org Deadline: October 31, 2014
- Horatio Alger National Scholarship: 106 $22,000 will be awarded. must demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income), must be involved in co-curricular and community service activities, show integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity and have a 2.0 GPA. Deadline to apply: October 25, 2014. Apply online at www.horatioalger.org
- N-Side view Preview Day at Northwestern State University. November 1, 2014
- Preview Day at Louisiana College, November 1, 2014
- Preview Day at Southern University in Baton Rogue. November 15, 2014
- Queen of Pink Scholarship: $500; SBHS will choose one boy and one girl. Must have a 2.5 GPA. Attend a Louisiana college/ university, know someone who has or has had Breast Cancer or some type of Cancer, and you must share your affiliation with that person. Deadline November 15, 2014. Applications in the counselor's office
- Cowboy Q & A at McNeese State University: Pre-register at becomeacowboy.com. November 22, 2014.
- AXA Achievement Scholarship: Students that are active in the community, had led a project that benefits other, or have overcome personal challenges should apply. Apply at www.axa-chievement.com
- AXA Achievement Community Scholarship: Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014. This is a separate schoarship from the AXA Achievement.
- Afl-CLO Scholarship: Must be a senior whose parent/step parent is a member of an affiliated local union in good standing with the Louisiana AFL-CLO. An essay is required for consideration. The Topic of the essay is "How Unions Built the Middle Class." Deadline: January 9,2015.
- Farm Beureau Scholarship: Must be majoring in agriculture, vocational agriculture, agribusiness, home economics, or other curriculum directly benefiting agriculture. Application for both the parish and state level. Deadline: February 27, 2015
- American Fire Sprinkler Association scholarship: Students are required to read an essay about automatic fire sprinklers, then take a ten-question multiple-choice test in which each question answered correctly earns the students one entry into a drawing for one of ten $2000 scholarships. Apply at www.afsascholarship.org/hsinformation.html Deadline: April 2015
- Al's Formal Wear Scholarship: Two $1000 awarded each year. Apply online at www.alsformalwear.com/Schoolapp