Home of the
Golden Knights and Lady K's
Pursuing excellence through challenging goals,
empowering attitudes, and worthwhile work.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
LUNCH: Baked Chicken, Roll, Lima Beams, Sweet Potato Puff, Apples and your choice of Milk
BREAKFAST: Friday - Cereal, Toast, Juice & your choice of Milk.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom."
-George Washington Carver
In an effort to improve system practices, South Beauregard High is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey.
In order to complete the survey, please click: PARENT SURVEY
Basketball Hall of Fame Schedule
Nov. 1, 2014 Burton Coliseum
MY SCHOOL BUCKS- The simple way to pay for school meals. It allows you to view account balances and meal purchases, schedule automatic payments, and make payments anytime, anywhere from the mobile app. Step 1 - visit the website myschoolbucks.com, Step 2 Create your account. Your child's ID number can be found at the Parent Command Center. Step 3 Pay with your credit/debit card or electronic check. Step 4 Download the free app from their website to pay from your phone.
Tomorrow is "Knights Tackle Drugs Day"! Show your SBHS spirit by wearing purple and gold and enjoy a FREE Jeans Day! Go Knights!
Students: You cannot bring any drinks to school that are in a mug, cup or glass of some sort. This is not allowed on campus
Rodeo team members there will be a short meeting during lunch Friday in Mrs. Reeves room. Very important that you attend.
Book Fair will be held Nov 3-7 in the library.
4-H Club Members Dues and enrollment cards are due by November 1st!
Yearbook Signing Party will be Friday, October 31st. JH from 8:00 - 8:35 am HS from 8:00 - 10:00 am. Purchase a ticket from your English Teacher for $1.
Drinks will be sold during the party.
Baseball will be selling jambalaya dinners Friday from 3:05 until the end of the football game. They will be $6 per plate. See a baseball player to buy a ticket or just buy one at the game.
There will be a Junior Class meeting today in the auditorium ALL Jr's please go straight to the auditorium at the beginning of RTI.
Reminder: Deadline for October club dues is Friday!
Congratulations to Haidon Saltzman and Katie Burgess for placing in the top ten at the Hackberry High School Rodeo this past weekend. Haidon and his partner placed 6th in team roping and Katie was 7th in breakaway roping. Good Job!
JH Basketball @ Home Today
Football team will play Friday at home against Iota (senior night)
Come out and support the knights
JH Basketball has a Tournament in Rosepine Saturday
GOOD LUCK KNIGHTS!!
University of Louisiana of Lafayette Preview day. November 8, 2014.
- Coca-Cola Scholarship: Students with a 3.0 GPA who are planning attending college. Apply at www.coca-colascholars.org Deadline: October 31, 2014
- N-Side view Preview Day at Northwestern State University. November 1, 2014
- Preview Day at Louisiana College, November 1, 2014
- Preview Day at Southern University in Baton Rouge. November 15, 2014
- Queen of Pink Scholarship: $500; SBHS will choose one boy and one girl. Must have a 2.5 GPA. Attend a Louisiana college/ university, know someone who has or has had Breast Cancer or some type of Cancer, and you must share your affiliation with that person. Deadline November 15, 2014. Applications in the counselor's office
- Cowboy Q & A at McNeese State University: Pre-register at becomeacowboy.com. November 22, 2014.
- AXA Achievement Scholarship: Students that are active in the community, had led a project that benefits other, or have overcome personal challenges should apply. Apply at www.axa-chievement.com
- AXA Achievement Community Scholarship: Apply at www.axa-achievement.com. Deadline December 15, 2014. This is a separate schoarship from the AXA Achievement.
- Afl-CLO Scholarship: Must be a senior whose parent/step parent is a member of an affiliated local union in good standing with the Louisiana AFL-CLO. An essay is required for consideration. The Topic of the essay is "How Unions Built the Middle Class." Deadline: January 9,2015.
- Farm Bureau Scholarship: Must be majoring in agriculture, vocational agriculture, agribusiness, home economics, or other curriculum directly benefiting agriculture. Application for both the parish and state level. Deadline: February 27, 2015
- American Fire Sprinkler Association scholarship: Students are required to read an essay about automatic fire sprinklers, then take a ten-question multiple-choice test in which each question answered correctly earns the students one entry into a drawing for one of ten $2000 scholarships. Apply at www.afsascholarship.org/hsinformation.html Deadline: April 2015
- Al's Formal Wear Scholarship: Two $1000 awarded each year. Apply online at www.alsformalwear.com/Schoolapp